For over 6 years A SHIP IN THE WOODS has produced community engagement programming for the San Diego community at large. Through our residency program, collaborations, events and mentorship program, A SHIP IN THE WOODS has become a thriving community of innovative thinkers and supporters that include: visual artists, writers, filmmakers, actors, musicians, comedians, architects, scientists, researchers, and organic horticulturalists. Previous programming has included work by the De La Torre Brothers, Julio Orozco, Harrell Fletcher, Chris Johanson, Shaun O' Dell, Tommy Guerrero, The Mekons, 1+1-3 (a collective from Sweden), John Reynolds from Salk Institute and Patrick Cavanaugh, (leading internationally known Neuro-Scientist). Each year we attract new international and national artists both emerging and established to show at WSOHOIDPS.
Come along with us and join us to meet our news goals.
Your financial support will go towards
- the development of our new residency program
- our music series which includes the acclaimed musical group Xiu Xiu
- the build out of our spherical performances space and music recording studio
- educational programming for the under deserved and veterans
- our new expansion of our property and residency space
All of this cannot be done without an operational budget and new team members.
Become a member today, a new donor, connect us to a sponsor, or donate an in kind gift. Come along and see the difference.